Socotra Achieves Exceptional Performance in First Half of 2022 Despite Headwinds for the Insurtech Industry
August 3, 2022
Socotra accelerates momentum with ARR increasing 97% YoY and 13 new customers YTD
Socotra, the modern core platform provider for innovative insurers and insurtech MGAs, today announced exceptional positive momentum for the first half of 2022 with 97% revenue growth, 63% team expansion, awards, a new funding round, and an acquisition.
“Despite the uncertainty of the current economic climate, Socotra continues to demonstrate strong growth and success,” said Dan Woods, Founder and CEO of Socotra. “The insurance industry has a full digital transformation ahead of it and is now recognizing the benefits of modern, off-the-shelf technology. As a result, more insurers and MGAs are choosing Socotra, which offers a proven front-to-back platform for bringing new insurance products to market quickly and affordably.”
In the first half of 2022, Socotra had the following achievements:
Revenue and customer growth
- Increased annual recurring revenue (ARR) 97% year over year
- Gained 13 new customers
- Four customers went live on Socotra Policy Core, including Elpha Secure (cyber liability) and Lavalier, a subsidiary of W.R. Berkley (jewelry insurance)
Funding and M&A
- Closed a $50 million Series C round led by Insight Partners, one of the world’s largest venture capital and private equity firms
- Acquired Avolanta to deliver the insurance industry’s only unified agent and customer portal
Organization and industry awards
- Headcount grew 63%, including key management hires
- Recognized in CB Insights’ Insurtech 50 list of most innovative private insurtech companies out of a pool of 2,000 companies
- Winner of Comparably’s 2022 Awards for Best Leadership Teams, Best Career Growth, and Best Company Outlook (selected out of 70,000 companies across the U.S.)
Stay tuned for more announcements from Socotra at InsureTech Connect (ITC), the insurance industry’s largest event. Socotra will be ITC title sponsor and host the Modern CoreTech Forum on Tuesday, September 20 at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.
Socotra is bringing unparalleled speed and ease to insurance technology. With Socotra’s modern core platform, global insurers and insurtech MGAs can accelerate product development, reduce maintenance costs, and improve customer experiences. Socotra provides open APIs, a product-agnostic data model, and out-of-the-box capabilities to manage the entire policy lifecycle, making insurance innovation faster, easier, and more affordable. To learn more, visit www.socotra.com.
QUICK START GUIDE
Get three essential steps to building an InsurTech MGA in 2022